Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
This is so easy and quick the kids can make it and then they'll eat it over the VEGGIES!!! Dijon is the historical capital of the province of Burgundy know for the mustard and wine.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine cornstarch and buttermilk in a small bowl; whisk well.
- Microwave for one minute till thickened and bubbly. Whisk till smooth.
- Remove from oven; stir in mustard, lemon juice, tarragon and pepper.
- Arrange vegetables on a serving platter, and top with sauce.
- Garnish with lemon slices.
- Serve immediately.
I don't know what I did wrong--I re-read to check--but this curdled and got lumpy, so I couldn't even finish it. Maybe my micro is too powerful. Thought of trying it stove-top but I was out of ingredients.
Very good sauce for veggies. I served this on broccoli last night and my mother loved it! I never buy buttermilk (since its so easy to "make")so I made buttermilk by adding lemon juice to skim milk. I will be making this a lot more, and on the days I dont feel like cooking so health I'll add a little cheese to the sauce and tell you how it goes!