Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My wife asked me to make her a potato salad but she can't stand the traditional ingredients. So this is what I came up with, everyone loved it!
- 8 -9 red potatoes, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 2 -3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- fresh basil
- pancetta (or substitute bacon, but it's not as good)
- 3⁄4 cup of your favorite cheese (cubed)
- 2 stalks celery (thinly sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper (chopped)
- salt and pepper
- Boil potatoes until tender and cool.
- Mix together mayo, ranch, basil and Dijon and blend.
- Pan fry panchetta let drain.
- When potatoes are cool mix in sauce then gently fold in veges and cheese.
- Garnish with panchetta and a couple basil leaves.
- Let sit in fridge for 1 hour.
Good recipe! I was looking for a recipe to use more of my basil. I did substitute a couple of items from the recipe. I used a 1/2 cup of Miracle Whip & a 1/2 cup of sour cream instead of Mayo. I didn't have any ranch dressing, so used Honey Dijon salad dressing instead & also still used a small amount of mustard. I also pulled a few spring onions from the garden & chopped both the white & greens from about 5-6. This is a keeper!
This was so very very tasty, I really liked the use of pancetta, I also added green onions...great potato salad...THANKS!!!