Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
When my mother-in-law goes out to eat, she packs a mini tupperware of this dressing for her salad in her purse! It's actually more amusing than embarrassing to watch her whip it out in front of the waiter and tell him "not to worry--I have my own." !!!!!
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice or 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Whirl all the ingredients together in a food processor until smooth.
- Use as a dip or salad dressing.
I combined another parmesan dressing recipe with this one to make my own version! I used milk for the buttermilk, fat free sour cream, a parmesan seasoning mix & omitted the dijon. I added some garlic powder & used this on my side salad. Wonderfully creamy & delicious; thanks for sharing!