Prep 15 mins
Cook 33 mins
From Southern Living.
- 8 lamb chops, trimmed (2-inches thick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, let the oil get hot over med-high heat; brown the chops 2 minutes on each side.
- Place chops in a 13x9 baking dish, reserving pan drippings.
- Bake in a 400° oven for 15 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 150° (medium-rare).
- Let chops stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Saute garlic in reserved drippings over medium heat for 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a bowl, stir the cream and next 3 ingredients together; add to skillet and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Lower heat and simmer 5 minutes; serve sauce with chops.