Recipe by M & T's Mom
This recipe is absolutely delicious. The dijon mustard gives it just the right amount of zing without being over-powering. I love how quickly this recipe goes together and cooks. Start to finish it's about 30 minutes.
Top Review by Merlot
What a great way to prepare cauliflower. And yes, you are correct, it's very creamy and cheesy. The Dijon mustard is a nice compliment to this dish. I garnished the dish with fresh parsley springs for a pretty presentation. This is a keeper and thank you so much, MaxsMom!!!
- 1 lb cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a shallow baking dish.
- Cook the cauliflower in a saucepan of lightly salted water just until tender.
- Drain, then place in the greased dish, keep warm.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add flour and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, then whisk in milk, and mustard.
- Return to heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook, stirring, over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add parmesan and 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour cheese sauce over the cauliflower.
- Combine the bread crumbs and remaining cheddar and sprinkle over the cauliflower.
- Cook under a broiler until the top is browned and bubbling.