1/5 Photos of Creamy Delicious Seafood Chowder
This is so beautiful! Peeling the potatoes is optional...your preference. Add some french bread and a salad and you have a meal! It can also be prepared and frozen for future use! Freeze in airtight container, then thaw in refrigerator for 24 hours. Place in a saucepan and cook over low heat until heated thoroughly....stir often! Adapted from Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh shrimp, unpeeled, medium size
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup red sweet bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 cups red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated skim milk
- 2 (8 3/4 ounce) cans salt-free cream-style corn
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 lb fresh crabmeat, drained and picked of shells
- 1Peel and devien shrimp. Set aside.
- 2Coat a dutch oven with cooking spray; add oil, and place over medium high heat until hot. Add onion, celery, red pepper, and garlic. Cook until tender.
- 3Add flour and cook, stirring contatnly, one minute. Gradually add in chicken broth, water and next 5 ingredients.
- 4Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer uncovered, stirring often for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- 5Stir in milk, corn and hot sauce. Return to a boil. Add shrimp and crabmeat; cook 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring constantly.
- 6Remove and discard bay leaves.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Delicious Seafood Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.8
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 133.1 mg
- Sodium 546.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 30.5 g