Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
The smoothest, creamiest mashed spuds ever, always popular at my house and NEVER any leftovers!
- 4 -5 medium potatoes, peeled
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 -3 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- parsley, chopped finely
- salt and pepper
- Wash and peel potatoes and cut into uniform pieces.
- Cover with water and season water with salt.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer until potatoes are soft when tested with a fork.
- Drain water, cover potatoes so that excess moisture is absorbed in pot after draining.
- When potatoes are 'dry', mash with potato masher while adding the butter and sour cream.
- Mash til smooth consistency, then add finely minced garlic and parsley.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste as well as green onions.
- Perfect as topping for my Sheperd's Pie!
This are really good and they do go quite well with Carol in Oz's shepard's pie!
Sounds really good! I can't wait to try it.