Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was modified from the Kraft recipe. It is easy and delicious and people will think you slaved over the stove to make it. You can make this Pot Pie a day before and cover it and pop it the refrigerator. The next day just bake it for 40 minutes instead of 30 minutes and you have a great weeknight meal. Serve with a salad and crusty rolls and YUM! It's really rich so when I cut into 8 slices it is a perfect serving size. The leftovers freeze well to heat up later in the oven.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, about 3 breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup Kraft light zesty italian dressing
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (double)
- Heat over to 375.
- Cook chicken in dressing in large skillet on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add cubed potato, cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add neufchatel cheese; cook and stir until melted.
- Stir in flour. Add broth stir. Simmer for uncovered for 5 min, stirring occassionally.
- Add frozen vegetables and simmer uncovered for an additional 5minutes. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Place bottom crust into a 10 inch deep dish pie plate. Pour chicken mixture into pan and cover with top crustcrust. Flute edges together.
- Cut slits in crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes then cut into 8 slices and serve.