Creamy, Decadent Mashed Potatoes
- Chop potatoes and boil until tender.
- While potatoes are cooking, saute onion in 1 tsp oil over medium heat until translucent.
- Process cashews in a blender until powdery. Add onions, vegetable broth,lemon juice and salt and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Blend in remaining 1/2 cup olive oil until mixture thickens; the consistency should be similar to mayonnaise.
- Drain potatoes and mash.
- Beat cashew mixture into potatoes, adding almond milk until desired texture is achieved.