Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are the most delicious mashed potatoes ever. EVER!!!!
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, raw unsalted
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup plus 1 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup almond milk
- Chop potatoes and boil until tender.
- While potatoes are cooking, saute onion in 1 tsp oil over medium heat until translucent.
- Process cashews in a blender until powdery. Add onions, vegetable broth,lemon juice and salt and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Blend in remaining 1/2 cup olive oil until mixture thickens; the consistency should be similar to mayonnaise.
- Drain potatoes and mash.
- Beat cashew mixture into potatoes, adding almond milk until desired texture is achieved.