1/1 Photo of Creamy Curry Sauce
Brit Chick's Note:
This is a blend of about 6 different curry recipes! To reduce the fat content I use sunflower oil instead of the traditional ghee and milk rather than table cream but the sauce still has a wonderfully creamy texture. My family love it with seafood or chicken and vegetables and it freezes well too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 1 inch peeled sliced gingerroot (or 1 tsp minced ginger)
- 6 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 (156 ml) can tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1Gently heat sunflower oil in a large pan.
- 2Add onion and stir over high heat for 5 minutes until soft.
- 3Add ginger and garlic, stir for 30 secs, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4Add tomato paste, cream, coconut milk and milk.
- 5Bring to boil, stirring continually, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 6Add spices, salt and sugar, stir them in well and then simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly then liquidize in a blender.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Curry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.5
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.6 mg
- Sodium 665.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 22.5 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: