Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb pumpkin, peeled,seeded,and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb granny smith apple, peeled,cored,and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 4 cups warm chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- chopped chives
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a deep saucepan over medium heat.
- Add pumpkin, apples, onion, and curry.
- Cook and stir until onion softens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken broth and wine.
- Turn heat to medium-high and bring to boil.
- Turn heat down to low, partially cover, and cook until pumpkin is extremely soft (approximately 25-35 minutes).
- Remove soup from heat and let it cool.
- Puree soup in a food processor.
- To serve, reheat in pan over medium-low heat until heated throughout (but don't boil), stir in cream, and cook about 1 minute.
- Garnish with chives.
I liked this recipe, but it should be noted that I needed to tweak it. The apples make this a sweet soup (using three apples I needed to double the amount of pumpkin so it wouldn't be too sweet). I could hardly taste the curry, so I put in 4 t and a little cumin. Overall, it was a good soup; my guests loved it.
Very tasty soup. Loved the mix of flavours with the curry and apple. I cut the apple content (only used 2 apples) and used my hand blender to blend. Very satisfying on a cold winters night, thanks for sharing.