Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Created by Easy Home Cooking Magazine. This is a lovely recipe and something different to serve as a chicken dish. At reviewers request I upped the curry powder from 1 tsp. to 2 tsp. If you like really hot add 1 T.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- cooking spray
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed, and patted dry (about 4 oz. each)
- 1 cup soft whole wheat breadcrumbs (about 2 slices)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry, sugar, salt and pepper in small bowl. Stir until well blended.
- Coat a 9" pie pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange chicken pieces in pan, and spoon sour cream mixture evenly over all.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake 35-45 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Note: To lighten this up you can use lite or no fat mayonnaise and sour cream.
Needed a quick and easy chicken dish and this fit the bill. very tasty, we enjoyed it. I did however add a little extra curry too as I just thought it looked like it needed more. I made basmati rice with it and it was a pretty good dinner. THANKS! Hi Linda I am not a premium member so I am using this to answer your question... I am not really too sure I guess I would definitely up the curry some, a little more lemon juice or maybe even some lemon pepper seasoning and MAYBE use some plain yogurt instead of or in conjunciton with the mayo and sour cream or cut the sour cream and replace with some yogurt.. it was good but seemed like it needed just a little bit more flavor. I will make it again and maybe i will try tweaking it and will let you know.. great to hear from you :) GOOD LUCK!
Quick, tender and tasty.
This was very tasty, my BF went nuts over the sauce and started scooping up the dregs from the baking dish halfway through his meal. I did add a couple of teaspoons of extra curry powder because we like hot dishes. I also only used 2 large fillets but didn't halve the sauce, the sauce turned very thick when cooked but still tasted great. The chicken also went incredibly tender. I found it easier to line my dish with baking paper. Thanks for sharing this Linda!