Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I created this recipe over time, combining what I liked from a variety of curry chicken recipes I had tried until I found this winner! Included in the recipe is the curry chicken as well as my tried and true brown rice preperation, which you should prepare at the same time.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, diced
- 1 1⁄4 cups light sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups cooked brown rice (see bottom of recipe)
- 1. Heat the butter in pan until melted, add ginger, garlic, onion and tomato. Saute 10 min, until onions are browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a seperate pan, fully cook diced chicken.
- 3. Add coconut milk and sour cream to onion/tomato mixture. Add curry, cumin, sage, salt and pepper. Bring to rolling boil, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Add chicken to sauce and simmer 15-20 minute.
- 5. Remove from heat and let sit 5-10 min to thicken.
- 6. Serve over rice (see instructions below).
- My Brown Rice Instructions: Put brown rice and water together in a small pot. I use 3 cups rice with 4.5 cups water. Set the heat to high, and bring the rice/water to a boil uncovered. Then put the tight lid on pot (steam valve closed, if applicable), reduce the heat to low. Let the rice simmer for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat, let rice sit in covered pot for 10-20 minutes.
Made this recipe for a party of 20 runners last night. Rave reviews. easy too make and very yummy. I just posted a photo