Recipe by LittleSpoon
mmmmmmmmmmmm From How it All Vegan easy, so easy so healthy so comforting so, what are you waiting for! Go! Curry!
- 1 large Spanish onion, Sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, Minced
- 2 -3 large carrots, Diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium potato, cubed (or Sweet Potato)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cauliflower florets, sliced (or Broccoli)
- 6 -8 mushrooms, sliced (your favourite kind)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup coconut milk (reduced fat is okay to use, but will not be as creamy)
- 3 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos or 3 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onions, garlic and carrots in oil on a medium-high heat until the onions become translucent.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, curry, cumin, turmeric and cayenne, stirring often so they do not stick to the pan, cooking for 2-4 minutes. Add the milk, cover and reduce the heat to a medium low.
- Simmer for 10-20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the potatoes can be easily pierce with a fork. Stir in the Braggs and cook uncovered on medium-high heat, stirring constantly until the liquid has thickened.
- For some added colour add:.
- 1 Cup peas when you add the Braggs.
- For some added nutrition add:.
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast as a garnish or in the last minute of cooking.
- Delicious on its own or served over your favorite grains and legumes such as:.
- Lentils, Rice, Quinoa, etc.