Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is adapted from The New Fast Food by Jill Nussinow. This is a pressure cooker recipe, but you could easily make it in a regular stock pot - it would just take a bit longer.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 large leeks, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 -10 cups spinach, washed
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker over medium heat. Add leeks and saute for 2 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of the veggie broth and continue sautéing another minute. Add the powdered spices and stir. Add the remaining broth, potatoes and salt.
- Lock the lid on the cooker. Bring to high pressure over high heat. Lower heat to maintain high pressure for 3 minutes. Quick release the pressure.
- Stir in the spinach and simmer about 1 minute.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender until almost smooth. Add the coconut milk and agave nectar. Increase heat and simmer until the soup is heated through.
- Sprinkle the cilantro over all and serve.