Recipe by charlie #5
This is elegant enough to serve guests, comes together quickly too. Consider adding a little ginger root. Might want to garnish with a little toasted, flaked coconut or fresh cilantro. Serve over rice.
- 25 -30 large shrimp, shelled, deveined
- 1 medium onion, julienned fine
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup brandy, heated lukewarm
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 -3 drops Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet saute' onion and pepper in butter until soft. Add in the garlic and curry, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add uncooked shrimp in a single layer. Drizzle on the warm Brandy, ignite, stir.
- Sprinkle with paprika and salt. Mix in the cream. Cook 2-3 minutes and stir in the Tabasco.