Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I whipped this up because I was tired of eating the two veggies that hubby likes. This went over VERY well! Yippee! Now I have three vegetables I can serve!
- 1 (15 ounce) can white corn, drained
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 3 slices American cheese
- Combine corn, half-and-half, garlic, curry powder, salt, and pepper in small (1 qt.) kettle.
- Heat on medium heat, stirring frequently, until heated through.
- Add cheese and heat, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened.
I made this last night and it was a total hit. I made enough for 6-8 people and 3 + a five year old people killed the whole thing off! I am making it again tonight with some rice. Mmmmmm! Thanks for posting.
I needed to use up a stray can of white corn and had all the ingredients for this recipe. I also think that the use of curry brought the corn to a whole other level! I will make this again! My 6 yr old went crazy over it:)
OMG!!! Just finished making this for lunch, and I'm glad I did...comfort to the max! It's only about 10 mins from opening the can to bowling-up. While preparing this, I thought "oh, I can eat all this in one sitting"...not true. The finished product is SOOOO rich, it will fill you up before you realize it. Of coure, I did pair it with a chunk of buttered french bread. I can't wait till dinner when I'll have another helping, and will add crispy bacon crumbles to the top. The only change I made was to use whole evaporated milk for the 1/2 'n 1/2. This is excessively easy and terminally delicious....right into my "faves" cookbook it went. Thanks for sharing!