Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a popular soup in my house, if you are a curry lover then you will enjoy this soup recipe, of course you can adjust the amount of curry to suit your taste.
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 -3 cups cubed cooked chicken or 2 -3 cups turkey
- 2 cups long grain rice, cooked
- In a large pot, saute carrots, celery, in butter for 2 mins.
- Stir in flour, seasoned salt and curry until smooth.
- Gradually add milk.
- Bring to a light boil; cook and stir for 2 mins, or until thickened.
- Gradually add broth; reduce heat, simmer, uncovered for 10 mins, or until veggies are tender.
- Add cooked rice to soup, and serve.
This soup was very yummy! I used fat free evaporated milk, fat free chicken broth, and light butter and it was still just as creamy and delicious! I would suggest partially cooking the carrots and celery before starting the recipe because it took awhile for them to get tender enough. After reading previous reviews, I doubled the amount of curry powder because I LOVE curry and it turned out to be the perfect amount for my taste! Will definitely make again!
I knew this would be good before I even prepared as I've yet to taste ANYTHING Kitten has submitted that wasn't just the best :) The only thing my husband and I both thought after dinner was it needed more curry (for our tastes) I used a teaspoon but will add more the next time - we really like curry. Thanks Kitten.
This is one of my two favorite soups (the other is Zippy Chicken Mushroom Soup # 365929)! It is soooo good- I found the recipe in Taste of Home and was coming here to post it :) I use a heaping teaspoon of curry because I love the flavor and warmth it brings to the soup. I use 3 cups of leftover Rotisserie chicken. Try it, it is superb! Thanks for posting!