Recipe by Georgia Girl
FABULOUS!! I got this recipe from the wife of a co-worker, and I serve it at every dinner party, shower, holiday party--any type of gathering for family and friends. As soon as I invite someone, they invaribly ask if I'm going to have this chicken ball. It is wonderful.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breasts (2)
- 1 (2 ounce) package sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil two chicken breasts in salted water for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the water, and cool com- pletely in a colander to drain.
- Pat dry with a paper towel and finely chop.
- Toast the almonds until light golden brown in a 350 degree oven and set aside.
- Cream together the cream cheese, A-1 sauce and the curry powder.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Stir in the parsley, green onion, celery and the chicken breasts, mixing well.
- Roll into a ball and cover with the toasted almonds.
- Place in the refrigerator in a dish covered tightly with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or longer.
- The more time the flavors have to blend the better.
- Serve with a buttery-type cracker.