Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the best way to use up garden cucumbers. Cook time is the chill time.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 3 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together sour cream, sugar, vinegar, dill, salt and pepper.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, toss together cucumbers and onions.
- Pour sour cream mixture over top and mix together.
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
This was good - after reading the reviews I salted and drained the cucumbers first, and it was still a little runny. For ZWT7 silverados.
I really liked this as did my guests at a recent cookout. Followed directions as written. I didn't have a problem with it being runny until the next day, which is typical for this type of salad. But it was still good to eat the next day. Will make again. Thanks.
I love this salad. To rid the water, I core the middle of the cukes eliminating the seedy soft center. you get nice crescent-shape cucumber slices, great flavor, and no excess liquid. It takes a bit longer, but it is worthy to retain that great dilly taste.