Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is very simple and just as impressive. I've posted the full-fat version, but you can make this lower fat by using a low fat cream cheese and a low fat/no fat mayo. You can make this up to 48 hours in advance and it will taste great, just give it a stir before serving.
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 medium peeled and chopped cucumbers
- 3 tablespoons sliced scallions
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly snipped dill weed
- cayenne pepper
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Cover tightly and chill until ready to serve.
- Garnish with additional dill sprigs and chopped red bell pepper if desired.
This dip tastes so fresh! I made it yesterday and let it sit overnight in the refrigerator to blend flavors. I made the recipe with non-fat mayo and cream cheese, and added a healthy sprinkle of cayenne pepper to give it a kick. One thing I did was grate the cucumber in the food processor, and squeeze the liquid out similar to squeezing frozen spinach that's been thawed. I also cut the recipe in half and it still made plenty. It's super-delicious on Ritz crackers! I can't wait until there is a pot luck so I can take this dip with me. Thanks for posting!
Wow.. this is so good and can be used for just about anything. I made it to go with little falafel appetizers, but we wound up dipping fresh veggies and pretzel crisps into it too! Everyone wanted the recipe. I'll be making this again. I chopped the cucumber but it was still a little too chunky for me, so I plunked my hand blender into the bowl and gave it a few whirls. It was perfect.
Way too runny. Maybe because i used home grown cukes which are more watery than store bought.