Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
We love the crunch and color of this yummy dip.
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 cups frozen chopped spinach, thawed,well-drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained,finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise and seasonings.
- Stir in onions, spinach, water chestnuts and red pepper.
- Cover; refrigerate a few hours to blend flavors.
- Serve with crisp vegetable dippers and assorted crackers or bread.
- Makes 3 1/2 cups.
A good dip, we liked the water chestnuts and the red pepper in there, they really did give the dip a crunch. Next time I might add some garlic and a bit of hot sauce to it.
This is a lovely spinach dip. Great crunch from the water chestnuts and red peppers. I made this early in the morning for later in the day; I tasted it after 2 hours of chilling and thought it was a wee bit bland. I added some extra onion, onion salt, celery salt and also some garlic salt. That did the trick. This is great with pretty much any dippers you can think of....crackers, tortilla chips, veggies, bread, whatever! I'll make this again with my few minor changes. Thanx for sharing!