Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a 4 year old's delight. My daughter (and everyone else) loves this chicken. She will eat it anytime, anyplace. How can you go wrong with Ritz crackers and chicken?
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, diced or shredded
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Ritz crackers, crushed (approx. 1 roll will be fine)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a medium casserole dish.
- Mix the soup and sour cream together.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Add Chicken and stir well.
- Add to the casserole dish.
- Mix crushed crackers and butter together and put on top of the chicken.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is bubbling and the crackers have browned.
I have made this several times. I have added onion, garlic, cheese, and lemon pepper. Have also made this after browning chicken for another recipe, then deciding to make this instead. I make this about twice a month. Thanks for an easy to fix dish!
Made this the other night and we enjoyed the rich creamy texture, but felt like it needed something more. Next time I might add the mixture to some cooked thin egg noodles and add some Mrs Dash lemon pepper.
The family liked this and it was so easy! I didn't dice the chicken because I forgot to and just put the cooked breasts in the bottom of a casserole dish. It turned out really well. Next time, I will dice it ahead of time because our kids are small and need things cut up for them. One thing I did do that I would recommend is browning the chicken (instead of just boiling or nuking). My husband said, "It's a keeper." Thanks!