Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Growing up we had alot of squash in our garden. My sister and I came up with this when we were about 12 years old. We still make it the same way for our families today.
- 4 -5 yellow squash, peeled and chopped in big chunks (peeling is optional)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (I have used cream of chicken)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 -2 inch Velveeta cheese, chopped (off the big block)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (use more or less)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Doritos, broken up (not to fine, you may not use the whole bag so crumble a layer at a time)
- salt and pepper
- Heat soup and milk in sauce pan.
- Add Velveeta stir until melted.
- Add squash and onion to mixture and stir gently until mixed.
- Layer Doritos in casserole sprayed with cooking spray, just enough to cover bottom good.
- Pour enough squash mixture to cover chips.
- Sprinkle enough cheese to cover mixture.
- Repeat layers until all is used, ending with chips then cheese.
- Cover and bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 more minutes until top is lightly brown.