1/1 Photo of Creamy, Crunchy and Cheesy Squash Casserole
Growing up we had alot of squash in our garden. My sister and I came up with this when we were about 12 years old. We still make it the same way for our families today.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 yellow squash, peeled and chopped in big chunks (peeling is optional)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (I have used cream of chicken)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 -2 inch Velveeta cheese, chopped (off the big block)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (use more or less)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Doritos, broken up (not to fine, you may not use the whole bag so crumble a layer at a time)
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat soup and milk in sauce pan.
- 2Add Velveeta stir until melted.
- 3Add squash and onion to mixture and stir gently until mixed.
- 4Layer Doritos in casserole sprayed with cooking spray, just enough to cover bottom good.
- 5Pour enough squash mixture to cover chips.
- 6Sprinkle enough cheese to cover mixture.
- 7Repeat layers until all is used, ending with chips then cheese.
- 8Cover and bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- 9Uncover and bake for 10 more minutes until top is lightly brown.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy, Crunchy and Cheesy Squash Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.8
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 4.5 mg
- Sodium 692.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: