Recipe by Janie Marie
The smell you'll wake up to in the morning from this crockpot oatmeal is the best ever! I know you can cook delicious oatmeal in a pot in the morning, but you miss out on the glorious smell! Plus, having one less thing to do in the morning is always a good thing :)
Top Review by Kim H.
Recipe for 12 filled a large crockpot. 10 hours is too long. I cooked it for 8 hours, but will probably turn it off around 7 hours next time. . Added milk and kept on warm all morning. It was very good.
- 2 cups regular oats (not quick cooking) or 2 cups steel cut oats
- 5 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup golden raisin