Recipe by Noodle lovin' flool
Someone brought me this after I had baby #3 and I loved it and had to have the recipe. It was not only simple but the kids all love it. You can substitute Low Sodium and or low fat ingredients for the soup and Cream Cheese if needed. We like to serve it over rice with a side salad. I doubted the gal when she told me to just throw in the frozen chicken with the dry seasoning on top but it cooks perfect every time.
Top Review by charps
5 stars for being easy to make. I also loved the fact that I had all the ingredients and didn't have to go to the store. I gave it three stars because I ended up adding some onion powder and oregano as the sauce seemed to need more flavor. Also, I think a fresh crispy veggie thrown in at the end of cook time would improve things. Needs a little color and a different texture added to the mix (maybe celery or peas?). It very much reminded me of tuna casserole minus the crunchy topping. Tasted good, but still left something to be desired. Thank you for sharing!
- 4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk (or more as needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place frozen chicken in the crockpot and sprinkle with packet of dry Italian Dressing mix. Cover and set on low if you need to for 6 hrs, but if you want it done faster, 4 hours.
- After cook time, open lid and shred chicken using two forks.
- Add Cream of mushroom soup and cream cheese and mix adding milk as needed to get the right texture.
- Cover and let sit for another 20-30 min or until warm. Serve over Rice or noodles.