Recipe by Dee S.
I orginially found this recipe in a cooking magazine but changed some ingredients to get the consistency my family loves. Hope yours will too.
Top Review by Mrs. Cassandra Foxx
Great recipe! I didn't precook my shells, I just mixed them in. everything came out really creamy just how i wanted it too. It took almost 3 hours to cook, and left me plenty of time to make my potato salad. Very, very tasty. I really recommend this one! I did only use one egg and, about a cup less cheese. loved the half and half in there, made it taste perfect! Thanks to Dee for a winner! ;)
- 1 (16 ounce) package shell macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup of stick margarine, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (16 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook shell macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Place cooked shells in a 5-quart greased crock pot; add margarine and stir to cover.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat,combine soup and 1/2 and 1/2. Stir until smooth. Add eggs and dry mustard and stir until combined. Add cheese and stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour cheese sauce over shells and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 1/2 - 4 hours.