Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I orginially found this recipe in a cooking magazine but changed some ingredients to get the consistency my family loves. Hope yours will too.
- 1 (16 ounce) package shell macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup of stick margarine, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (16 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Cook shell macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Place cooked shells in a 5-quart greased crock pot; add margarine and stir to cover.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat,combine soup and 1/2 and 1/2. Stir until smooth. Add eggs and dry mustard and stir until combined. Add cheese and stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour cheese sauce over shells and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 1/2 - 4 hours.
Great recipe! I didn't precook my shells, I just mixed them in. everything came out really creamy just how i wanted it too. It took almost 3 hours to cook, and left me plenty of time to make my potato salad. Very, very tasty. I really recommend this one! I did only use one egg and, about a cup less cheese. loved the half and half in there, made it taste perfect! Thanks to Dee for a winner! ;)
wow so so good! best Mac and cheese ever!! thank you so much for posting this, my family loved it. can't wait to make it more over the holidays!
So creamy and delish! I love that you can put it in the crock pot and forget it! I added some chopped broccoli and tomato to ours. Also, I used half Cheddar and half Velveeta. We really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting it Dee!