Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Nice crock pot side dish; easy, too. Nice for holiday dinners when you need the stove/oven for other things. Corn doesn't have to be thawed completely.
- 2 lbs frozen corn kernels, I like white and yellow mix
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder, use more to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker/Crock pot with non stick cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients into the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours, stirring well after the first 60 - 90 minutes.
Awesome! This was absolutely delicious and so easy! Curry makes this dish, giving a wonderful flavor and beautiful color. I almost halved this recipe and am so glad I didn't, my family gobbled it down. Cooked in my 3 1/2 quart crockpot for 3 hours, stirring couple of times while it cooked. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
For something so incredibly easy, the corn was outstanding! I made a half recipe in my 1.5 qt crockpot, halving all the ingredients. I did omit the curry b/c it's just something that doesn't agree with me. I added a little more pepper instead. Dumped everything in the crockpot this morning and started it up. Stirred at 1.5 hrs in but the cream cheese wasn't completely melted... so stirred it again at 2.5 hours. The corn smelled heavenly and the taste was excellent. Definitely something I'll make again for covered dish affairs as well as holiday meals. (1-3-10) Made again for New Years get-together. Had several requests for the recipe!
I made half the recipe in my 1 1/2 quart crockpot. Super easy and delicious! I'll be making this again for sure! Made for Review My Recipe. Thanks for sharing Marcie.