Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is a lifesaver when I've been on my feet all day. It requires very little standing over the stove and makes a great meal.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles or 1 (12 ounce) packagebrown rice noodles
- Trim any visible fat from chicken and cut each breast into thirds.
- In medium bowl, season chicken with lemon juice, pepper, celery salt and paprika, then place in crock-pot.
- In large bowl, mix soups with wine, thenp our over chicken.
- Sprinkle w/parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook on on high 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve over noodles.
This was a pretty good dish. The kids weren't too fond of it, but I'm sure that was due to the celery taste. But, the hubby and I were satisfied. Also, I don't keep wine, so I used chicken broth instead. Thanks for sharing!
Try this with my suggested modification, and I believe it will be a 4 star dish instead of 2. I will try it again, because it has the makings of a great dish: easy, tender chicken, good base ingredients and spices.
I made it according to the recipe since other people seemed to like it that way. We appreciate spice, but this has WAY TOO MUCH PEPPER! Next time I make it, I will cut the pepper to 1 1/4 tsp.
Thanks for the recipe, as I believe it will be much better after decreasing the pepper. I will adjust my review after I make it with less pepper. Also, I think a little more paprika will be an improvement.
Delish! Used two cans of mushroom soup instead of one each celery & mushroom, and forgot the parmesan, but it was tasty just the same! Will be making it again.