Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
This is a nice chicken dish to fix when a busy day awaits you. Everything can be combined the night before and placed in the fridge for cooking the next day. This dish is wonderful served over pasta, egg noodles or rice; with plenty of sauce for everyone.
Top Review by morgainegeiser
This had a really great flavor and was quite simple to prepare. I did cook it on high for 3 1/2 hours and it was quite tender. The only complaint I have is that I could not get the cream cheese to completely dilute, didn't affect the taste, just didn't look too great.
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 (7 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker.
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a medium pot and heat on medium high; stirring occasionally until cream cheese is incorporated.
- Pour sauce over chicken in crock pot, and heat on low approximately 4 hours until chicken is tender and falling apart.
- Sprinkle with parsley flakes.
- Serve over pasta, egg noodles, or rice.