Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Recently I broke my glass rangetop and was unable to use my stove while I waited for the delivery of a new one, so I turned to an old friend I hadn't used in a while: my crock pot. This is one of the old recipes I dug out to use in it. Just as good as I remembered! I'm going to start using my crock pot more often again. Note: My crock pot's one of the larger ones, with a greater surface area at the bottom. Not sure how well this would work in your standard-sized slow cooker. Also, without my stove, I wasn't able to serve this the way I really like it, which is over egg noodles.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 lb bacon (about 8 slices)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- Wrap each chicken breast in two slices of bacon, trying to cover as much of the chicken as possible, then place in the bottom of the crock pot.
- In a bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients together until smooth and creamy, then pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 7-8 hours. Remove the chicken and place on serving plates. Whisk the sauce a bit to make sure it's smooth, then pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.