Recipe by Aim4Edible
This recipe uses no canned soups! I found it on Pinterest/Facebook and unfortunately can't credit the originator. I couldn't find it's equal among all the other Creamy Chicken Noodle Soups on Food.com, so here it is!
- 1 (32 ounce) container chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons thyme, crushed dried
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker, combine broth, water, carrots, celery, mushrooms, onion, thyme, and garlic-pepper seasoning.
- 2. Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours, or on high heat for 3-4 hours.
- 3. (If you were using low heat, turn to high now.) Stir in cream cheese, then chicken and uncooked noodles. Cover and cook for 20-30 minutes more, or just until noodles are tender.