Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is an easy but wonderful recipe. My husband loves this stuff! I served it with homemade biscuits and homemade applesauce! What a great rainy-day meal!
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3 (5 ounce) cans cooked chicken
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- In your crock pot, pour all three cans of soup and water.
- Whisk together until smooth.
- Stir in chicken, frozen vegetables, thyme, rosemary, celery salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6-8 hours or high setting for 3-4 hours.
- After cook time, make sure the crock pot is set on high and add dried egg noodles.
- Cook on high for 20-30 minutes or until noodles are tender.
This recipe was very well recieved at my house. It was a bit too creamy for me, as written, but I'd like to make it again with a little more water instead. I bought cream of potatoe soup instead of the mushroom by mistake, but it was still very good in fact I think the potatoes were a nice addition. I loved that it was easy to make, cooked in the crockpot all day & my family loved it. The egg noodles were a great addition & my DS described it best when he said it tasted like chicken pot pie filling. Very much a comfort food that served us well on the first snow of the season. Thanks for sharing, usmc! Made, enjoyed & reviewed for Fall 2008 Pick A Chef.
This was super yummy. I did substitute chicken broth for water and added about a cup more like other reviewers and it was still very thick which I liked. I also felt that a tad less pepper and use of the meat from a rotisserie chicken could have been good but I made it with canned and it was still just fabulous. I used carrots/peas/corn only as all mixed vegetables I could find had green beans in the packages and I didn't feel like having them in my soup. I'm also not a mushroom lover but didn't mind the cream of mushroom soup in this recipe. I love that you can add the noodles right to the crock pot and not have to boil them in advance. Thanks for the post!
It's interesting how others who reviewed this recipe that it too thick ~ Don't get me wrong, it IS thick, but it's also great just that way! Since I'd rather not use the cream of mushroom soup, I took a hint from Tink & substituted cream of potato soup instead! Took yet another suggestion & used some homemade chicken broth instead of the water, but other than that, it was pretty much made as indicated in the recipe! Another time I might just use fresh veggies for the frozen ones, but still we found this to be VERY, VERY SATISFYING! Thanks for posting it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]