Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I'm not sure where I got this one, but I've made it several times and I always love it! I fell in love with simple crock pot cooking when Iw as working full time during the day and going to nursing school in the evenings. I love coming home to a cooked meal!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 14 ounces fat free chicken broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (drained)
- 1 1⁄4 ounces dry onion soup mix
- 8 ounces fat free sour cream
- Put chicken in bottom of crock pot.
- Mix together all other ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours, or on high 3-4 hours.
- I usually serve this over brown rice.
I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out great. My DH loved it and couldn't stop complimenting me between mouthfuls. Very easy to make. I'll definitely make it again.
I have made this twice now and this time I think it turned out better. I used thighs instead of breasts and they came out very tender and shredded nicely. I also had to shred the chicken and actually get rid of some of the liquid, otherwise it would be too "soupy." Good meal for how easy it is! I used fresh mushrooms too.
This was good, but next time I would add some carrots, peas or corn to give it more color. I put quartered red potatoes in it and that was tasty. Also, i shredded up the chicken b/c otherwise the sauce was too runny. It had a good flavor, though. My boyfriend loved it. I gave it a 4 star b/c it was good but not my fave.