Recipe by Sophie's Momma
This is an all-around family favorite! My mom originally made it when I was younger, and now I use the recipe in my home and tell my friends about it! It's delicious, creamy, and filling! Using a crock pot makes it easy and convenient. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Grandma Winnie
I made a mistake and started the crockpot on low. After 3 hours the frozen chicken was barely thawed. It took 3 hours to cook after that, and it was delicious. I will make it again, but never from frozen chicken, which the USDA, doesn't reccomend. I really liked the flavor of it and next time will increase the amount of italian seasoning. Thanks for the recipie.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, fresh or frozen
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in crock pot.
- Cut cream cheese into cubes and distribute evenly over chicken.
- In separate bowl, mix cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 can water, and Italian dressing mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture over chicken and cream cheese in crock pot.
- Set crock pot on high and let cook for 3 hours for fresh chicken or 4 hours for frozen chicken.
- Serve with rice or egg noodles.