My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot, melt the butter over med-high heat.
- 2Add the onion and cook, stirring, until very tender, 7-10 minutes.
- 3Stir in the garlic, Cajun seasoning, and cayenne pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 4Stir in the diced tomatoes and broth.
- 5Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 6Working in batches, transfer the soup to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- 7Return the soup to the pot.
- 8Stir in the sour cream and salt and simmer until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- 9Serve piping hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Creole Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.9
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 61.1 mg
- Sodium 594.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 4.4 g