Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Creamy Creole Tomato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large pot, melt the butter over med-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring, until very tender, 7-10 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, Cajun seasoning, and cayenne pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes and broth.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Working in batches, transfer the soup to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot.
- Stir in the sour cream and salt and simmer until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve piping hot.