1/1 Photo of Creamy Creole Shrimp and Chicken over Penne
PSU Lioness's Note:
I combined a few recipes that I had and came up with this one. You can adjust the creole seasoning and add hot sauce to your tastes. The first time I made it, I couldn't taste the spiciness until after I let it cook for a bit so I added more Creole seasoning and it got way too spicy for my tastes. Please use caution! If you follow the recipe, you have a mild spiciness from the Creole seasoning and a creaminess from the Alfredo sauce. Add some protein and a pasta, and you have got yourself a wonderful meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 medium chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 green onions, chopped (tops only)
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (1 lb) jar alfredo sauce
- penne pasta
- 1Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a large skillet over Medium heat (You will need a pan big enough to add an entire jar of Alfredo sauce plus the shrimp and chicken).
- 2Add shrimp and saute until pink. (You can season the shrimp with Creole seasoning for more heat if you like). When pink and firm, remove from pan and set aside.
- 3Heat 1 tsp olive oil in the same large skillet over Medium/High heat.
- 4Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. (You can also season chicken with Creole seasoning for heat). Remove from pan and set aside.
- 5In the same pan, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over Medium - Medium/High heat.
- 6Add green onions, diced tomatoes, 2 tsp Creole seasoning and garlic powder. Cook for 5-7 minutes until a there is a good amount of liquid in the pan from tomatoes.
- 7Add Alfredo sauce to tomato mixture and stir to combine.
- 8Add shrimp and chicken to Alfredo/tomato mixture and stir gently to combine.
- 9Reduce heat to Medium/Low. Cover and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce reaches a warm/hot serving temperature. About 8 - 10 minutes.
- 10While sauce is heating, cook Penne according to the directions on the box.
- 11When sauce is hot and penne is cooked, serve sauce mixture over Penne pasta.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Creole Shrimp and Chicken over Penne
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.9
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 165.8 mg
- Sodium 587.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: