1 hr 20 mins
Eating Well, 160 calories, 7 g fat, 1 g fiber
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme (or 1/2 t. dried)
- 1 lb cremini mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (14 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- lemon juice, to taste
- dry sherry, to taste
- 1Heat oil in a Dutch oven or soup pot over low heat.
- 2Add in onion; cook/stir until soft and translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- 3Add in thyme and cook for 1 minute.
- 4Stir in mushrooms; cover and steam until the mushrooms exude their moisture, about 5 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle flour over the mushrooms; increase heat to medium and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes.
- 6Gradually whisk in broth, scraping up any flour that clings to the pan.
- 7Simmer/stir occasionally, until thickened and smooth, 5-7 minutes.
- 8Combine sour cream and milk; whisk into the mushrooms.
- 9Season with salt and pepper; gently heat until the soup is hot but not boiling.
- 10Just before serving, stir in lemon juice and sherry (if using).
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Cremini Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.9
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 17.7 mg
- Sodium 176.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 8.4 g