Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 8 hrs 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this last night after I wolfed down a whole lotta chocolate ice-cream, and started craving for something equally creamy, but a little less sinful! This dip is perfect as an accompaniment for a breakfast fruit bowl, though I like it best with a cold, firm apple! Note: Prep. time includes draining time in the refrigerator.
- Line a colander with about 4-6 layers of paper towels, covering the bottom of the colander completely.
- Rest the colander on another pot to collect the whey.
- Gently pour the yogurt over the paper towels, cover with cling-wrap (or with anything else) and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight or for 8 hours.
- The next morning, after a good night's sleep, walk to your refrigerator, remove the colander from it, uncover, and carefully scrape of the now-thickened yogurt onto a small (preferably pretty) bowl.
- Add the cinnamon and maple syrup and mix well.
- The consistency of the dip will be that of a soft-serve ice-cream!
- Enjoy this dip with a fresh, cold, chopped apple, or banana, or any fruit you like!
use a tea towel instead. Put the yogurt in the middle of the towel then gather the 4 corners and tie it onto a chopstick. Suspend that over a bowl. I use this method for my Tzadziki. Got is from Alton Brown.
I tried making this recipe last night. When I woke up this morning it looked very nice. So I tasted it without adding the syrup or cinnamon. I was so dissappointed, it had picked up the flavor of the paper towels. I didn't think adding the syrup or cinnamon would cover the paper taste so I had to throw it out. I will try this recipe again though, but without using the paper towels. It sounded very nice.