1/2 Photos of Creamy Cream of Wheat Cereal With Maple Syrup and Bananas
Kids of all ages enjoy this...my DH loves this in the cooler months, and I could eat the whole thing myself, it is that good! Make certain to use a heavy-bottomed saucepan to make this, as it will scorch easily, or it also can be made in the microwave, but you will have to keep taking it out to stir it. You can also use pancake syrup in place of the maple syrup (store-bought or homemade). If you are a Cream of Wheat fan, then this is a recipe you are certain to enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small banana
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups milk (the more fat in the milk, the creamier it will be)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cream of wheat (also known as farina)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (can use 1/3 cup)
- 1 banana, sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted (good to sprinkle on top) (optional)
- cereal cream or milk
- 1Chop (don't mash) enough banana to equal 1 cup (I just use one small banana for this).
- 2In a saucepan, combine 2 cups water with milk and salt; bring to a boil.
- 3Gradually whisk in cream of wheat, and continue to whisk constantly until the mixture thickens (this will take about 4 minutes).
- 4Stir in maple syrup and chopped banana into the cereal and mix to combine.
- 5Divide into serving bowls and top with sliced banana and toasted almonds if desired.
- 6Pour on cream or milk on top of the hot or warm cereal.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Cream of Wheat Cereal With Maple Syrup and Bananas
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.5
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 479.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 36.1 g
- Protein 11.7 g