Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is great to top off banana cakes! simple and oh so creamy! The cake must be refrigerated after topped with frosting. The recipe may be doubled.
Top Review by Marie Nixon
This is a good cream cheese frosting. With only 2 cups of icing sugar, it doesn't make alot. I used it to top a bundt cake. If you want to fill and frost a 8" or 9" cake you'll probably need 1 1/2 to 2 times this recipe.
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 -3 tablespoon whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients (starting with 1 tablespoon cream).
- Beat with an electric mixer until creamy and combined (make sure to beat on high speed of an electric mixer for 3-4 minutes, as it will become very creamy and smooth), adjusting with more whipping cream until desired texture is achieved.
- Refrigerate cake after frosting.