Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very rich and wonderful. From Southern Living.
- 1 (8 ounce) package linguine
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, minced
- 2 celery ribs, minced
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 2 lbs frozen crawfish tails, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- hot sauce (optional)
- shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain. Keep warm.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add flour, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until blended.
- Add green onions and next 4 ingredients; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add bouillon cube and next 7 ingredients; cook 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in hot sauce, if desired.
- Serve over linguine noodles; sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese.
I have been making this recipe (from Southern Living) for years. Anyone I make it for- loves it. It's a yearly birthday dinner for a special friend. A little work, but worth it. I serve over bow tie pasta.