Recipe by pammyowl
I found this on the web. Posting here for safekeeping, it sounds so delicious!
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Delicious and such a pretty holiday dessert. We absolutely love cranberries -- next time I might use a fresh cranberry sauce over the top. I made as directed with the exception that I did not add the confectioner's sugar on top. Made for Pammyowl's Cook-A-Thon, 2013.
- 12 -13 graham crackers, boards crushed (2 cups crumbs)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Filling and topping
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cupgranulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoonvanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cupconfectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Crust: In medium-size bowl, stir graham cracker crumbs, butter, granulated sugar and salt until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press into an 11 x 7-inch rectangular (or a 10-inch round) removable-bottom tart pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Let cool slightly on a wire rack.
- Filling and Topping: In a medium-size bowl, with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Pour into slightly cooled crust. Pour cranberry sauce into a small bowl and stir to loosen. Dollop into cream cheese mixture, then spread slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, until set. Remove to a wire rack and cool completely. Transfer to refrigerator to chill.
- Before serving, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and 2 teaspoons water. Stir until smooth. Transfer to a small resealable plastic bag and snip off a corner. Drizzle over tart and allow to dry. Slice and serve.