Recipe by Outta Here
A nice change from plain rice pudding. Next time you make plain steamed rice, make extra to use in this recipe. Cook time includes chilling time.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
VERY, VERY NICE PUDDING (but then I'm a great fan of the cranberry), & the recipe is well worth keeping on hand! I look forward to having this pudding topped with a generous spoon of homemade cranberry sauce during the winter holidays, but as is, it's still a very tasty treat! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 12 ounces evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, softened in warm water for 30 minutes and drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen reduced-fat non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over juice; let stand 1 minute.
- Over low heat, stir about 2 minutes, until gelatin dissolves.
- In medium saucepan, over medium heat, bring rice, milk, sugar and cranberries to a boil; remove from heat.
- Stir gelatin mixture and vanilla into rice mixture; cool 10 minutes.
- Fold in thawed whipped topping.
- Chill at least 1 hour. Just before serving, sprinkle with nutmeg. Top each serving with a dollop of thawed whipped topping if desired.