Recipe by Ranikabani
A friend of mine gave me this recipe but I haven't tried it yet...sounds yummy though :)
Top Review by karen
I made this tonight, but I'm not assigning stars because I made so many changes to ingredients that it wasn't a fair test of the recipe. I used imitation crabmeat, left out the celery because I don't like it, increased the onion to 3/4 cup and added 1/2 of a shallot that was sitting in the fridge. I used white pepper instead of cayenne pepper, and I also used 2 1/2 cups of skim milk and 1/2 cup of half n half (again...based on what I had available). It turned out ok, but I need to try it again with the recipe as is. The instructions do need some clarification. There is no mention as to when to add the sherry & lemon juice, and it doesn't say if you should reheat after adding the crab & cream (which I did since the cream was cold).
- 200 g crabmeat, thawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon pale dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain crab and remove bits of shell and cartilage.
- Cut the legs in pieces.
- Saute the onion and celery in butter for about 10 minutes.
- Blend in the flour and the seasonings.
- Add the milk, stirring and cooking until it is smooth and has a thick consistency.
- Puree the soup in a blender.
- Put the soup back in the pan and add the crab and cream.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy!