I really wanted a creamy crab risotto but couldn't find anything here, so i used http://www.food.com/recipe/crab-risotto-314749 as a base (for the liquid amounts) and then my nose.
- 1⁄2 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup Chardonnay wine (I used a brand called Gossips)
- 1 carrot, Chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, Chopped
- shallot, 1 handful, Chopped
- 170 g crabmeat, Finely Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup thickened cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tuscan herbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili
- 1⁄2 cup cheese
- In a Medium Saucepan combine rice, water and wine. Bring to boil and then turn down to simmer.
- When approximately 2/3rds of the liquid is absorbed add the carrot, onion, shallots, crab, cream and herbs.
- Continue to simmer.
- Stir occasionally and check for absorbtion.
- It's done when it's nice and thick and the carrots are still crunchy.
- Add the chilli and cheese to the dish and bake at 220 degrees celcius for 15 minutes.