1/1 Photo of Creamy Crab Cakes
Morning Biscotti's Note:
This is a lighter and creamier version. They are soft and need at least an hour chilling time before pan frying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 4 cups bread, crumbs
- 4 -5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1In a food processor, combine the egg yolk, vinegar, mustard, bell pepper, onion, 2 tspon parsley, tabasco, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper.
- 2Slowly add the oil until the mixture emulsifies and forms a thin mayonnaise.
- 3Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the sour cream.
- 4Stir in the crabmeat, gently to prevent from breaking the lumps.
- 5Form 8 patties, 3 inches wide by 3/4 inch thick.
- 6Put the bread crumps in a shallow plate and mix in the 3 tbsp of parsley.
- 7Lightl dredge the patties on both sides in the bread crmbs.
- 8Cover the crab cakes with plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour or longer.
- 9Heat a skillet with butter over low to medium heat.
- 10Add the crab cakes, fry for about 4 minutes perside or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Crab Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.8
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 131.6 mg
- Sodium 1357.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 24.9 g