This is a lighter and creamier version. They are soft and need at least an hour chilling time before pan frying.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 4 cups bread, crumbs
- 4 -5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a food processor, combine the egg yolk, vinegar, mustard, bell pepper, onion, 2 tspon parsley, tabasco, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Slowly add the oil until the mixture emulsifies and forms a thin mayonnaise.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the sour cream.
- Stir in the crabmeat, gently to prevent from breaking the lumps.
- Form 8 patties, 3 inches wide by 3/4 inch thick.
- Put the bread crumps in a shallow plate and mix in the 3 tbsp of parsley.
- Lightl dredge the patties on both sides in the bread crmbs.
- Cover the crab cakes with plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour or longer.
- Heat a skillet with butter over low to medium heat.
- Add the crab cakes, fry for about 4 minutes perside or until golden brown.