Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
It was a dark and stormy night... Okay, okay. It was just a regular Wednesday after work. I needed to throw together something for dinner and came up with this surprisingly tasty concoction of pantry ingredients and leftover steamed rice. I hope you like it.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 8"x10" baking dish.
- Defrost the spinach, squeeze out the water and coursely chop.
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Mince the garlic.
- Chop the imitation crab into bite size pieces.
- De-seed and dice the Roma tomato.
- Shred the Parmesan cheese.
- Over medium-high heat use a large saucepan to saute the mushrooms and garlic in remaining olive oil until the mushrooms begin to release their juices.
- Add the rice to the mushrooms and mix well to separate the grains.
- Add the crab, tomatoes, and spinach to the mushroom/rice mixture.
- Add the Alfredo sauce.
- Add the Old Bay seasoning then mix well to incorporate flavors (about 5 minutes).
- Add half the Parmesan cheese and mix until melted.
- Pour into baking disk.
- Top with breadcrumbs and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until the top turns a golden brown and casserole is bubbly.